A unique, affordable and traditional Ganges Asthi Visarjan Ceremony (Ash Scattering Ceremony) for your loved ones is now being provided for the worldwide Hindu community by Sacred Rites of The Ganges™. SRG will handle all of the details of the ritual ceremony and “Scattering of Ashes” in the sacred waters of Mother Ganga.
The traditional Asthi Visarjan Ceremony and Scattering of Ashes ritual provided by SRG makes the dream of having a loved one’s cremated remains (cremains) scattered in the Holy Ganges River a reality. From beginning to end, the journey to their final resting place in Mother Ganga, at Varanasi, is achieved in a dignified and respectful manner – with full security of your loved ones cremains – from the family’s home or temple, to the final resting place.
From the time your loved one’s ashes leave your care, SRG will handle the arrangements, from shipping to Varanasi, to the Asthi Visarjan and Scattering of Ashes Ceremony by a respected Brahman Priest. Within days of the ceremony a DVD capturing the ritual will be shipped to your home.
THE PROCESS – STEP-by-STEP
- Contact SRG by phone or Internet to request one of its services.
SRG will promptly send you a special shipping kit which includes return shipping materials, labels for marking and identifying your cremains and a check list outlining the necessary personal and family information required to perform the Asthi Visarjan ceremony in Varanasi.
- Return prepaid shipping kit and labels to SRG’s Florida office.
- One of SRG’s representatives will take a sacred oath (Sankalpam) to represent the family in performing the Asthi Visarjan ceremony. If present, family members can participate in the ceremony. The ceremony is performed in Varanasi, India by a representative SRG Brahman Priest. View an Asthi Visarjan ceremony
- Your Family receives custom-made DVD recording of their loved one’s Asthi Visarjan ceremony concluding with the Scattering of Ashes on Mother Ganges. The DVD program will also include historical information about the holy city of Varanasi and a complete recording of the daily Hindu prayers as performed by local Brahman Priests on the banks of Mother Ganges.
Ritual Ceremony Packages
1. Secure Air Express shipment of your loved one's cremains to SRG's Florida office, then cremains forwarded to Varanasi, India for the Ritual Ceremony.
2. Available November 2007. Secure Air Express-Brahman Priest Escort. Secure shipping of Cremains to SRG's Florida office. The Cremains will then be personally escorted to Varanasi by a Brahman Priest for the Ritual Ceremony. Current price estimate, $2000.
3. Available November 2007. Brahman Priest Escort. Brahman Priest escorts Cremains from a location of your choice to Varanasi for the Ritual Ceremony. Current price estimate, $2500.
4. Available November 2007. Custom Travel for a family member or members to accompany Cremains to Varanasi for Ritual Ceremony. All travel arrangements made by SRG. This package will include private historical and religious tours of Varanasi, India. Price will Vary.
Make Arrangements in Advance
For those who choose to plan ahead, SRG will help you arrange for our services in advance. This will ultimately ensure that your wishes are observed and eliminate the need for decision making by relatives.
SRG supports Hindu temples, professional organizations and social groups for special ceremony needs and discounted group rates.
HANDLING and SHIPPING INFORMATION
SRG’s clients will receive a shipping kit which includes a container designed to safely hold cremains. There is no charge for cremains sent to SRG in a polyurethane container as is typically provided by crematoriums in the U.S.
The traditional ritual ceremony involves placing an “unfired” biodegradable clay urn in the Ganges River. An appropriate clay urn can be provided by SRG.
Note: Additional shipping charges for cremains sent to SRG in customer-supplied overweight urns are as follows:
– Weight under six pounds ($230)
– Weight under ten pounds ($360)